Thursday, April 3, 2008

Oh Now Come On

I accelerate diagonally across the thoroughfare,

Insignificant obstacles looming everywhere.

While hopes and dreams I did stow,

Faltering forward my romanticism faux.

Vehicles approach with manufactured hullabaloo,

Dotted yellow lines guide me to you.

I go forward with caution but stop in my tracks,

For I have relapsed but gone beyond the facts.

Where are we going through dark paved streets?

Somewhere at the crossroads where everything meets.

Why are we all so resolute?

When in the scheme of things it is so minute.

Approaching a junction, I accelerate,

Signs forcefully directing me exasperate.

One more thing before I turn the corner,

There are times and places we are all a foreigner.

So when you meet someone new,

Just remember it could be you wearing the other shoe.


Richard Carter

No comments: